Good idea. Started converting it over. I don't speak german but it is simple enough to translate. And if I miss something.....I am sure I can get help with it. THANKS! Kizeren
Wiki meets Forum
The lead Bard and myself decided to put the newspapers online so we can get more of a roleplay from it. The idea is to add some pictures spin off stories stuff like that which is not really possible on the forums. Would it be possible to protect those from tampering?
- It is possible, but protectet sides are only editable for users with Sysop rights. Make out a list of all users who are allowed to edit this sides.
PS: please sign your post
--Rakoon 19:18, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
Not sure why buy I cannot see updates or previews unless I submit....Probably something wrong with my firefox. Edit:
So I used IE to try some edits on templates.....Is there something special about templates that need to be saved first?
--Kizeren 06:57, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
- Templates with tag includeonly must be saved, to work smoothly. Preview dont work unless you delete this tag.
- But I noticed a delay between saved Templates and cache refreshing from Server, I think this is a Problem for Template test.
--Rakoon 16:20, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
I seen Polif undoing are changes. I am guessing the FAQ is fixed now? --Kizeren 01:05, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
Trinity and Pulsar are no longer part of xhodon. Can you remove from (sysop) status please.--Kizeren 19:08, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
- Status changed --Rakoon 21:22, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
It seems be where spammed with porn and advertising bots. I have started banning and deleting these people and pages. Is there anything we can do to stop this? --Kizeren 21:32, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- You're wasting your time to delete and ban bot edit Atikel. As Sysops we have no option to stop this, only as Server Admin you can install some tools or edit the confi. But it seems that the Xhodon staff has no interest in this wiki anymore.
- --Rakoon 16:07, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
Can you add the user:SpamBot as a bot in user rights? Or is that an admin only? Seems my bot has reached user limits for editing things.--Kizeren 08:20, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
Well seems SpamBot has found most of them. Its not banning anyone. No real point if the spambot can keep up with them. I did get like roughly 10 false positives but I will fix those in the next few days. So far I was able to get spam down from 770 pages to less then 400 in about 30 minutes of work. Any questions or problems let me know. If you have skype you can send me an in game message and I will give it to you so we can talk. --Kizeren 05:26, 15 July 2011 (UTC)